OLDHAM COUNTY FAMILY YMCA ORCASSwim with the Oldham County Family YMCA Orcas! We are dedicated to the progress and development of young swimmers ages 7-18. Our team is a fun, positive and energetic group of swimmers!
The Fall/Winter Session will run September 5, 2014-December 21, 2014. The Parents' Meeting is September 6 from 9 am-10 am.
- Participants will practice Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (4:15-5:15 pm for 10 years and younger or 5:15-6:30 for 11 years and older). Please note this is a general guideline and changes may be made by the coach. There are no Saturday practices unless scheduled by the coach for special workouts (8:00 am-9:00 am).
- 10 years old and under must be able to swim 100 yd continuously and 25 yd each freestyle and backstroke and demonstrate breast and butterfly.
- 11 years old and older must swim 100 yd freestyle and 100 IM.
- Tryouts for those unsure of meeting swim requirements for open spots will be held August 22 or September 3 between the hours of 5 pm and 6 pm. Choose one day, and meet on the pool deck.
- If you were on the team in past years, there's no need to come to tryouts but you must register by September 5.
Facility Members: $250 for the session
Program Members: $350 for the session
*Monthly drafts available. Participants must sign up for the entire season.
If you would prefer to fill out a paper registration form, please Download the 2014 Fall Session Registration Form (PDF) and return it to the Oldham County Family YMCA.
Contact Beth Kempf at 222.9358 for more information.