LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATIONWe train individuals to have a working knowledge of an aquatic environment, prevention of hazards in an aquatic area, and potential lifesaving skills. The course also includes certifications in CPR for the Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Emergency Oxygen Administration.
- Candidates MUST be 16 of age before the start of class (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Candidates must be able to complete: 500 yard swim, 2 minute tread - legs only, surface dive - head and feet first to deepest part of the pool, retrieve a 10 lb. brick from the bottom of the pool, and swim underwater for a minimum of 15 ft.
- 100% attendance is mandatory (NON-NEGOTIABLE). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
- Candidates must be free from physical and mental impairments that would limit them from accomplishing specific tasks. Tasks include visual acuity, various audio ranges, and the ability to lift, unaided, 50 lbs.
- Candidates must complete 2 hours of shadowing one of our trained lifeguards to complete "course requirements" in the list of requirements for the class.
BASIC LIFEGUARD CLASS
Orientation: April 7; 6:00-8:00 pm
Training: April 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25; 4:30-10:00 pm
Orientation: July 28; 6:00-8:00 pm
Training: August 4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 15; 4:30-10:00 pm
Non Members: $200
*Please note that orientation night is required attendance in order to take the remaining classes.
LIFEGUARD RE-CERTIFICATION CLASS
Training: May 19-21; 5 pm-9 pm
Training: June 2-4; 9 am-1 pm
Training: September 3-5; 5-9 pm
Non Members: $90
LIFEGUARD CROSSOVER CLASS
Orientation: April 7; 6 pm-8 pm
Training: April 14 from 4:30 pm-10 pm, April 19 from 12 pm-5 pm, April 20 from 12 pm-5 pm
Non Members: $90
Please contact the Oldham County Family YMCA at 502.222.9358.