We train individuals to have a working knowledge of an aquatic environment, prevention of hazards in an aquatic area, and potential lifesaving skills. The course also includes certifications in CPR for the Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Emergency Oxygen Administration.
- Candidates MUST be 16 of age before the start of class (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Candidates must be able to complete: 500 yard swim, 2 minute tread - legs only, surface dive - head and feet first to deepest part of the pool, retrieve a 10 lb. brick from the bottom of the pool, and swim underwater for a minimum of 15 ft.
- 100% attendance is mandatory (NON-NEGOTIABLE). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
- Candidates must be free from physical and mental impairments that would limit them from accomplishing specific tasks. Tasks include visual acuity, various audio ranges, and the ability to lift, unaided, 50 lbs.
- Candidates must complete 2 hours of shadowing one of our trained lifeguards to complete "course requirements" in the list of requirements for the class.
You can register at our Member Services desk or online for our Lifeguard Certification
or our CPR & First Aid Online Registration